I had earlier announced that I would be giving away 2 copies of my book, jQuery Mobile Cookbook here. I wish to thank all the participants who sent in their entries from across the world. Thrilled by your response.
Due to unavoidable circumstances, there was a delay in me procuring the books and so I was not able to announce the winners sooner. But now here they are:
Winner of the hard copy from India: Vasudevan P
Winner of the e-book from Spain: Miguel Angel
The two winners were randomly chosen by me without any bias and have been informed by direct email. They will be receiving their copies soon. The decision is final and not subject to review or contest.
Thanks again to all those who participated!
Link to the book: http://www.packtpub.com/jquery-mobile-cookbook/book
Extract from the publisher website:
- Create applications that use custom animations and use various techniques to improve application performance
- Use and customize the various controls such as toolbars, buttons, and lists with custom icons, icon sprites, styles, and themes
- Write simple but powerful scripts to manipulate the various configurations and work with the events, methods, and utilities which are provided by the framework
What you will learn from this book:
- Use fixed and full screen toolbars, navbars, and buttons; customize them with your own icons, icon sprites, and styles
- Use XML and JSON data in your application; format page content using layout grids, collapsibles, and nested accordions
- Build accessible forms; use form controls like flip switches, sliders, and select menus; validate and submit forms using Ajax
- Explore HTML5 semantics and features such as Local Storage, Session Storage, History, 2D Canvas, 3D, Geolocation, Web Workers, Audio, and Video
- Use custom fonts and backgrounds, upgrade themes, override existing themes; generate and share new themes using the Theme Roller tool
Post a Comment